In this guide we’ll cover how to verify your custom domain on Facebook in order to set up a Facebook and Instagram shop and link directly to your products on your Crafter’s Market UK shop.
Choosing a custom domain
When you create a shop on Crafter’s Market, you automatically are given a default URL and three custom domains which redirect to our primary marketplace. These are:
- crafters.market/shop/[your-shop] – Default
Verifying your custom domain
- Head directly to the domain verification page, or in Business Manager, click on the Business Settings button in the upper right corner.
- In the Business Settings, select the Brand Safety tab, and select Domains from the left side navigation list.
- Click on the Add button, and enter your domain in the Add a Domain pop-up dialog.
- Choose the method Meta tag to verify your domain
- Copy the just the content value from the meta-tag verification code provided by Facebook.
For example, with the following code provided by Facebook:
<meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="35qsv14f4bect9wqg8" />
- Sign into Crafter’s Market UK.
- Head over to your Store Manager > Settings > Connect page.
- Paste your metatag code from Facebook into the Facebook Metatag field on this page and click Save
- Return to Facebook Business Manager domain verification page and click Verify.
You’ll see a confirmation that your domain is verified.
You can now add products to your Facebook catalogues using your custom domain.