Crafter’s Market UK provides a unique platform for craft business owners to showcase their handmade products to a niche audience. While the platform may have a smaller audience compared to giants like Etsy, the advantage lies in lower fees. To maximise sales on your store, it’s crucial to take a proactive approach in increasing store traffic and optimizing your product listings.
1. High-Quality Product Pictures: Captivating visuals are essential for attracting potential customers. Invest time in creating high-quality images that showcase your products from different angles. Include shots that depict the size of items and how they appear in real-life situations. This not only provides clarity to customers but also helps build trust in your brand.
2. Titles with Keywords and Search Terms: Craft compelling titles for your products by incorporating relevant keywords and search terms. Think about how potential customers might search for items similar to yours. Use descriptive language that highlights the uniqueness of your creations while ensuring it aligns with common search queries.
3. Assigning Search Filter Attributes: Make your products easily discoverable by correctly assigning search filter attributes eg size, colour, occasion. (Product Listing > Edit > Attributes). Accurate categorisation helps potential customers find your items when browsing specific categories. This ensures that your products appear in relevant searches, increasing the likelihood of attracting interested buyers.
4. Importance of SEO: Optimise your product listings for search engines. Fill out all sections of your product listings with detailed and relevant information. This not only enhances the user experience on Crafter’s Market UK but also makes your items eligible for Google Shopping. Utilise relevant keywords in product descriptions, tags, and other fields to improve search engine visibility.
5. Digital Marketing Strategies:
a. Understanding Target Audience: Identify and understand your target audience. Create marketing messages that resonate with their preferences and needs. Knowing your audience helps you tailor your approach, making your marketing efforts more effective.
b. Social Media Outreach: Leverage the power of social media platforms to reach potential customers. Share visually appealing content, engage with your audience, and participate in relevant communities. Utilise targeted paid advertising on platforms like Instagram and Facebook to increase visibility.
c. Email Marketing: Build an email list of interested customers and keep them informed about new products, promotions, and events. Email marketing is a powerful tool for fostering customer loyalty and encouraging repeat business. We can recommend Mail Chimp as a great email marketing software with a free version to use for smaller businesses. Having an email list is a great resource to have should you ever have issues with your social media accounts, providing you with a quick and easy way to notify your subscribers if you ever lose access to your social media accounts and need to create new ones.
d. Collaborations and Cross-Promotions: Partner with other craft businesses or influencers within your niche for cross-promotions. This can introduce your products to a wider audience and generate mutual benefits.
By implementing these strategies, craft business owners on Crafter’s Market UK can enhance their online presence, attract more customers, and ultimately boost sales. With a combination of visually appealing product listings, effective SEO practices, and targeted digital marketing efforts, your craft business can thrive in a competitive online marketplace.